Topeak Tri Waterproof DryBag (Top Tube Bag)

12 Oct

When I go on bike rides I usually have to carry all of my carbohydrate gels and bars with me since there are very few convenience stores once I hit the back roads of Wisconsin. On long rides all the food products I need will not fit in my jersey pockets so I carry them in a top tube bag. While there are many good top tube bags on the market, the Topeak Tri DryBag is the most compact and holds several hours worth of gels and bars in a waterproof bag with a great aerodynamic design.

Topeak Tri Waterproof DryBag

Topeak Tri Waterproof DryBag

The Topeak Tri DryBag quickly attaches to your bike frame with three Velcro straps—two straps go around the top tube and one goes around the head tube. This bag is made with both 420 and 840 denier nylon waterproof fabric with sonically welded seams and the main compartment is well padded. The Tri DryBag is fairly small (5.7 x 1.9 x 5.0″) and weighs on 2.3 ounces.

Topeak Tri Waterproof DryBag

Topeak Tri Waterproof DryBag Is Very Roomy!

The cover of the Topeak Tri DryBag is held in place with a strip of Velcro and is very easy to open or close with one hand while riding (triathletes will love this bag). If you don’t need this bag to carry your carbohydrate gels or bars, it is perfect for those folks who like to keep their compact camera or cell phone close at hand.

The Topeak Tri DryBag retails for around $25. Topeak makes several other top tube bags and not all of them are available for sale in the United States, so make sure you ask your local bike shop for the Topeak Tri DryBag.

Tags: , , , , , ,

28 responses to “Topeak Tri Waterproof DryBag (Top Tube Bag)

1. elisariva

October 12, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Very nice! Thank you.

October 12, 2012 at 9:54 AM

You are certainly welcome!

2. Chatter

October 12, 2012 at 10:23 AM

If you had your choice would you recommend this over the Axiom you reviewed earlier?

October 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM

Chatter — that is a tough choice — it’s like asking a parent to admit they have a favorite child. The Axiom holds about twice as much as the Topeak Tri DryBag, but I don’t always need to take that much food with me. The Axiom is not as aerodynamic, but it will fit one one my short-frame bikes since it hangs over the side of the top tube. The bottom line is that I use the Topeak bag more than the Axiom — but they are both great bags.

• Chatter

October 12, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Something to think about. I might have to get them both, especially with my ride for diabetes in the Tour De Cure next year where I plan to do a century. I know it is supported, but my training rides are not. Thanks for the awesome reviews.

3. runtheburg

October 13, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Thanks for reviewing! Looks great for maps and docs as well

October 13, 2012 at 8:33 PM

You will probably have to fold the maps, but they should stay dry and close at hand on this bag.

4. irishkatie

October 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM

The velcro open/close strip does make it easier to access quickly I would think. I had a pouch (that I no longer use …why? Hmm…not sure)…it had a zipper on it …it was a rubberized zipper that self sealed to keep out all moisture…but this seems handier.

October 13, 2012 at 10:06 PM

This is definitely easy to open and close, but not as watertight as a zipper. As long you you don’t take this bike swimming you should be OK.

• irishkatie

October 14, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Ohh…swimming with the bike! Two activities I like in one!

*grins*

Seriously though…there was once a time I rode after the rains…a trail had flooded (paved trail)… I “should” have turned back….but kept going. The water got deeper and deeper…it went well over the bottom of the wheel rims…then…near the frame’s bottom bracket….I shuffled pedaled to keep my feet from getting wet…but at some point I let my feet in the water….so what the heck…i just started to pedal not caring if my shoes got soaked. Then it got deeper! And I soon found the water about 6 inches or so above the bottom bracket. I was basically pedaling underwater.

It.
        Was.
        Fun.

Nod nods.

October 14, 2012 at 8:25 PM

My Fat Bike (the Surly Necromancer Pugsley) has a internal geared rear hub and sealed cables — I’ve taken it through deep water on many occasions — as long as I don’t stop the bike I’m fine.

5. kristyelizabeth89

October 14, 2012 at 2:54 AM

Thanks so much for your donation!

October 14, 2012 at 8:31 AM

You are certainly welcome. Multiple Sclerosis is a terrible disease and I hope MS Moonlight Walk will be a great success!

6. Casie

October 14, 2012 at 6:38 AM

Cool!

October 14, 2012 at 8:32 AM

It is a great product for any cyclists.

• Casie

October 14, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I never would’ve thought about that. I don’t have my own bike, I borrow a friends bike and I never know which bike to get. I ride about once a week for about 3 miles. Do you have any suggestions for newbies?

October 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

The best advice is to ask your friend to recommend a good local bike shop — then have them find a bike that fits you (either new or used). A properly fitting bike is far more important than having a high-priced bike.

7. R.P.

October 17, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Hmmm…now I’m tempted to get one for myself. :D

October 17, 2012 at 9:12 AM

If you go on long rides it sure makes it easy to carry your extra food products

8. isaac976

October 18, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I see a honey stinger waffles in there ..

9. isaac976

October 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM

I wanan reblog this .. is it ok ?

10. bezzymates

October 19, 2012 at 11:57 PM

Thanks for visiting my blog. It is intriguing to know that you exercise all year round outdoors. I know many cyclists, so I would love to share your blog with them.

11. bezzymates

October 19, 2012 at 11:59 PM

Thank you for visiting my blog. It is amazing that you are cycling outdoors year round. I will share your blog with my cyclist friends.

October 20, 2012 at 11:09 PM

Cycling year-round is not really a big deal at all — the hardest part of riding in the winter is the first 500 feet away from the house. Once you get your legs warmed up it is very relaxing.

12. isaac976

October 20, 2012 at 1:56 AM

Reblogged this on Everything You Want To Know and More and commented:
    I wanna get one of this … very well made