Glo Glov Reflective Sport Glove

08 Oct

Some us of ride our bikes at night because it is fun, others do it because they have no other choice. Regardless of why you are cycling at night you want to get back home safely—and that means proper lighting and reflectors. One of the greatest pieces of safety equipment I’ve ever bought was a pair of Glo Glov Reflective Sport Gloves and I never ride at night without them.

Glo Glov Reflective Sport Glove for cyclists

Glo Glov Reflective Sport Glove

Glo Glov Reflective Sport Gloves are lightweight gloves that have several pieces of yellow retro-reflective vinyl sewn onto the back (and a red piece on the wrist). These gloves are specially designed for outdoor sports and are great for cyclists, runners, walkers or anyone who has to exercise near road traffic—the reflective strips can easily be seen from 1/4 of a mile away. While a reflective vest and taillight will allow motorists to see you, these gloves will allow them to see you signal for turns (or for a stop if you point the red reflective strip towards the back). These gloves work so well that I’ve had several motorists pull up beside me at a stoplight and ask about them.

These gloves have a padded grip palm and you can wear them alone or over your regular cycling gloves. These lightweight (only 1.5 ounces per pair) gloves are highly breathable and made of a non-fraying fabric (80% nylon, 20% spandex). As for sizing, these gloves are advertised as “one size fits all.” Incredibly, this is one of the few times that a claim like this is actually true—the gloves should fit any size hand from Medium to XXL. I wear XL cycling gloves and the Glo Glov fits of them without any trouble (and they come off just as easy).

Glo Glovs are made in the USA and sell for $20 on the Glo Glov Website (price includes shipping). I would highly recommend this product to anyone who cycles or runs at night.

Tags: , , , , ,

17 responses to “Glo Glov Reflective Sport Glove

1. Joboo

October 8, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Man these would be awesome during our “dark-time!!” I really wish they made a full finger glove!!
    Ha Ha just sent them an email, asking about a full finger glove.
    Peace

October 8, 2012 at 4:06 PM

Joboo, I don’t think they have a full finger glove, but the Glo Glove should easily slip over standard full finger cycling gloves (but not you heavy winter gloves).

2. Lynette

October 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Hi Joe, I just sent you a return email. Because of the many different hand sizes and glove types, our GloGlovs are designed to fit over your full fingered gloves! Our Original GloGlov stretches the most and they are on sale!! Thanks, the Glolady

• Joboo

October 8, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Lynette,
      Yes I received it. Thank you for the quick reply!!! Very very refreshing!! I guess I really don’t have a need for an extra glove over my full fingered summer gloves I usually wear inside my Pogies. It’s a less is more kind of thing during our cold winters in northern Mn. If I’m off the bike for an extended period of time, I throw on my “choppers.” you guys have a killer product going on none the less!!
      Peace

3. isaac976

October 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM

Might get a pair for my ride and runs.. Interesting. Thanks for the share

Cheera
    Isaac976

October 8, 2012 at 5:52 PM

They have a few other models on their Website — some might even be better for running (larger reflective area, but no pads on the palm)

• isaac976

October 8, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Awesome.. when I bike, I usually have 2 blinkers on my back, one on the helmet the other on my bike.

There is a saying that you gotta light yourself up like a Christmas tree, when you bike at night.

Cheers
        Isaac976

• Lyn Gray

February 1, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Sorry, we changed web hosts and our links here are broken, Please just see us at gloglov.com

Thanks, If someone could fix the links here it would be much appreciated, Lynette, Glo Concepts

February 1, 2014 at 10:16 PM

I just updated the links. Thanks for stopping by!

4. Joboo

October 9, 2012 at 7:16 AM

If someone doesn’t see me during the “dark-time” there is something wrong!!
    ;)
    Peace

October 9, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I heard that Santa is going to use a Surly Pugsley this Christmas if the snow gets too deep for the reindeer (and we can only hope).

5. Dani Cee

October 10, 2012 at 12:53 PM

Do you have any gloves that you recommend for spinning? I joined a new gym and the handle bars are rubbing blisters on the heel of my hand. Do you, by chance, have any recommendations? Thanks!

October 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Dani, it seems like most cycling gloves made to today are lacking the padding that they had just a few years ago. However, the Spenco Ironman T.2 Elite Cycling Glove is an exception to the rule — great padding in a comfortable glove. I posted a review of them at:

• Dani Cee

October 10, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I’ll check those out – thanks SO much!

6. irishkatie

October 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM

The gloves I wear have silverish reflectors on it…not on the wrist area though…I like that for the hand turning signal thing you mentioned.

And …. I think I like the yellow reflectors better. In my head they would seem more visible.

October 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM

The reflectors on the Glo Glov are much brighter than you will find on any other glove. They even make one model for cops — it helps them direct traffic better.