Cool Off Citrus Ice Towelettes

09 Jul
Cool Off Quick Chill Citrus Ice Towelettes

Cool Off Citrus Ice Towelettes

For the past few weeks the weather in the Upper Midwest has been absolutely brutal for cyclists—even if you leave very early in the morning the temperature has hovered around 100 degrees (F) by the time you get home. While there are several ways to keep cool on a ride, I’ve recently started using the Cool Off Citrus Ice Towelettes and they have been a real lifesaver! The single-use Cool Off packets are individually wrapped and are about the same size as a Wet-Nap (2.5″ width x 3.5″ height folded; 6×6″ unfolded).

The instructions for using the Cool Off towelettes are given on the back of each package: “For maximum cooling: Remove towelette and shake lightly. Then press on the back of your neck, inner arms, or back of knees for several seconds to allow the herbal infusion to fully penetrate and build the chill. To reactivate the cool, splash a little water on the skin where you used the towelette.”

The manufacturer claims that “Cool Off can lower the user’s surface skin temperature up to 12 degrees F., maintaining the coolness for over 60 minutes.” After using the product for several weeks I have to agree with their assessment.

Last week we had three straight days with temperatures of over 100 degrees (F) and a friend of mine had the air conditioner in her house break, but decided to stay there anyway. I gave her a couple Cool Off towelettes and the next day she told me the towelettes worked great—and then asked me for a few more of them!

The ingredients list for these towelettes includes Witch Hazel Extract, Alcohol, and Glycerin along with the following extracts: Aloe Vera, Arnica, Sea Weed, Chamomile Flower, Lemon Peel, Red Clover, St John’s Wort, Oat Kernel, Flaxseed, Fennel, Evening Primrose, Wild Yam, Tea Tree, Black Cohosh Root, White Tea Leaf, and natural or organic fixatives (Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butyparaben), Menthol, and Fragrance.

Cool Off Citrus Ice Towelettes are available in several sizes, including packages of 24, 40 or 100. I purchased a bin of 100 towelettes from Amazon.com for $47 and the order was fulfilled by First Aid Global Wholesale. The towelettes are made in USA.

One more note: I’ve read many reviews from women who claim that these towelettes work great for hot flashes caused by menopause. However, I have no way of verifying this claim on my own and am not dumb enough to ask any woman I know to try them out for that purpose.

Tags: , , , , ,

15 responses to “Cool Off Citrus Ice Towelettes

1. billgncs

July 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM

good diplomatic position at the end!

July 9, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Thanks — I’ve been married to the same woman for 33 years and have learned that there are some topics that are best left untouched.

2. Diane

July 9, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I really need to find that here! Weather has been crazy in the tropics as of late. Early morning rainstorms with temps reaching over a hundred F during the day. No wonder the flu is so common these days.

July 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM

I think you will enjoy them — I’ve used them a LOT in the past few weeks.

3. ifyounevertri

July 9, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I must give these a whirl. For hot days, not hot flashes. :)

July 9, 2012 at 9:48 PM

You will love these on hot and humid days! As for the other use for this product, check back in about 30 years. :)

4. Chatter Master

July 9, 2012 at 4:55 PM

We’ve always carried wet ones with us. But this sounds worth a try. And that’s a wise decision you made at the end of the post!

July 9, 2012 at 9:52 PM

You will that that these are far better than Wet Ones — and thanks for understanding my decision concerning that other issue that men are never allowed to discuss (or even acknowledge).

• Chatter Master

July 10, 2012 at 4:12 AM

;)

5. Anna

July 10, 2012 at 4:27 PM

What a great product! The midwest has certainly had some brutal weather – these sound like a great way to help combat the heat and humidity. Must get some in before the next heatwave (but not for hot flashes thankfully!) Your last note made me chuckle!

6. Yung Falbz

July 11, 2012 at 6:21 AM

Stellar find. Can’t wait to try them.

July 11, 2012 at 12:33 PM

Yung — I found them by accident as I was looking for something else on Amazon.com

7. all4Him

July 14, 2014 at 10:31 AM

I always stay away from products with parabens in them. Not healthy at all. They have been linked to cancer and that is why you see a lot of products listing front and center that they are paraben free.