BikeLoot: Like Christmas In July For Cyclists

22 Jul

A few weeks ago Brandon Bussell, the “Chief Loot Officer” at BikeLoot, offered to send me a package of goodies to review. When companies ask me to review their products I usually visit their website before I say “yes” and then try to keep an open mind about their products until they arrive. However, the second I saw the BikeLoot website I knew I was going to love their product—and once the package arrived I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning!

BikeLoot Box For July

BikeLoot Box For July

BikeLoot is a box of five to seven cycling related products that are mailed to subscribers every month (like carb gels, bars, hydration, and maintenance products). Most of the products are just samples of products you’ve probably have never heard of before. The box of loot that was sent out for July included samples of the following products: Body Glove Surge (all natural energy shot), EBOOST (an all natural energy supplement), AeroShot™ Energy (an air-based shot of energy), Elete Citrilyte Electrolyte, a Progold Prolink Towel (an 8″x12″ textured towel), and a Wired Waffle (an individually packaged caffeinated waffle). I’ve never seen any of these products in a bike shop or sporting goods store before but I was delighted to be able to try them out!

BikeLoot Box For July

BikeLoot Box For July

BikeLoot has several great advantages. First, you don’t have to buy a whole box of a product and the hope that you will like it once it arrives—you can try the sample from the BikeLoot box and if you like it you can order more, and if you don’t like you haven’t wasted any money. Second, you will be sampling products that most cyclists aren’t even going to hear about for another year or so! And third, the BikeLoot box also offers substantial discount codes for some of the products in the box.

You can have a box of loot delivered to right to your mailbox every month by getting a subscription to BikeLoot. A monthly subscription is only $10 per month (plus $3.95 S&H), or a 3-month recurring subscription is only $8 per month (plus $3.95 S&H; billed quarterly). As an added bonus, BikeLoot created an exclusive coupon code for my readers—just enter this code at checkout: ALLSEASONSLOOT. This coupon code will loot you up with $5 OFF any new BikeLoot Box purchase. This coupon code applies to both 1 Month and 3 Month plans (BikeLoot ships to the United States only). By the way, I know the discount code works—I’ve already signed-up myself!

On last note: BikeLoot is not just a great idea for cyclists, but for manufacturers and distributors of cycling products as well. I know of lot of marketing people read this blog and if you are looking for a great way to get your products in front of avid cyclists there is not better way than BikeLoot! If you are interested you can visit the BikeLoot.com website and click on the “Contact” link to get in touch with Brandon Bussell.

Posted by on July 22, 2013 in Product Reviews

Tags: , , , ,

33 responses to “BikeLoot: Like Christmas In July For Cyclists

1. elisariva

July 22, 2013 at 5:12 AM

Very cool idea. And your own coupon code! I will check it out!

July 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Please let me know what you think about the products once they arrive — I thought they were great!

2. unsportywomencanrun

July 22, 2013 at 5:27 AM

What a great idea!

July 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

It’s one of those things I REALLY wish I would have thought about first!

3. shoedooo

July 22, 2013 at 9:09 AM

Nice!

July 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I agree — I don’t think there is any other service like this for cyclists.

4. billgncs

July 22, 2013 at 9:13 AM

speaking of surprises…. a friend has two young girls who got new bikes, I picked up two bells and took them over and we put them on the bike. There is nothing quite like the smile of a six year old( sans the two front teeth ) as she rides about ringing her bell.

this looks fun.

July 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I love the look on the face that little kids get when they pick up a new bike (or when then find the bell — however, the bell gets old real fast).

• billgncs

July 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

that’s the joy of giving it to someone else’s kids 🙂

5. Adam C. Henderson

July 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Your own coupon code?!? My friend, You have ARRIVED!

July 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I wish I could claim some great milestone in blogging, but I am sure the folks at BikeLoot just want to see how their marketing program works. They are a new company and I’m sure they are trying to make every penny count. By the way, I have NO financial connection with the company — but I do like what they’ve done so far.

6. TdF

July 23, 2013 at 8:51 AM

dear santa claus…
    😉

July 23, 2013 at 1:38 PM

I think poor Santa will be delivering a LOT of these boxes in December!

7. Gilly

July 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Wish someone would do this in the UK 🙂

8. adventurefoot

July 24, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Mmmm Waffles. I think this is worth lookin in to!

• adventurefoot

July 24, 2013 at 10:13 AM

…and I ordered some. Awesome! Can’t wait for some loot!

9. mamacormier

July 29, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Wish we could get this in Canada. Do you know of any companies that do ship to Canada?

July 29, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I don’t know of any other service like this anywhere else in the world! Maybe if they get enough requests they would be able to ship to Canada (hint: write to the company and beg).

• mamacormier

July 29, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Good idea about writing. What can I lose? I won’t know unless I ask.

10. Eff Leukemia

July 31, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Signed up!

July 31, 2013 at 11:31 PM

You are going to love it!

• Eff Leukemia

August 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I’m sure I will. I followed your suggestion on the gloves with the pull-off tabs, and I think I’m in love. Already bought 3 pairs to give as gifts to fellow riders. Thanks!

August 1, 2013 at 6:03 PM

Wow! I’m really glad you liked them! Your friends will like them as well.

11. ihadajeeponce

February 25, 2014 at 3:07 AM

My wife just ordered a 6 month sub for me. She didn’t use the coupon code, but I want to make sure everyone knows: we only ordered it because of your review!

February 26, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Thanks a lot for the note! I’m sure this product won’t let you down!

12. ihadajeeponce

February 25, 2014 at 3:09 AM

Reblogged this on ihadajeeponce and commented:
    Jess just ordered a subscription to BikeLoot. We are anxiously awaiting our first box!

13. jasone

March 30, 2014 at 6:49 PM

I just happened across your blog and discovered and signed up for BikeLoot! Thanks for all the great reviews so far, I’ve got a lot of reading ahead.

March 31, 2014 at 5:32 PM

You are certainly welcome! I love BikeLoot — it has introduced me to a lot of new cycling products that I would not have found otherwise.

14. Norton Geddie

May 5, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Just signed up, the coupon does not currently work, but the 3 month rate is great anyway! Their set-up process is a little cumbersome, but after a couple of tries, I got it to work! Now I get to look forward to the mail!!

15. Puppy Lynch

January 21, 2015 at 2:35 PM

The website leads to a dead end. Any hope of getting a different link?