Antique Metal Bicycle Planter

20 Jun

Cycling is a major part of my life—my garage (the Man Cave) looks like a bike showroom and framed posters of pro bike races are found throughout our house. My office has cycling photos and memorabilia. However, until last week there was one place that sadly lacked any reflection of my love of cycling—my front yard. Fortunately, last week Mrs. All Seasons Cyclist joined me for a trip to a local home improvement store and we found an Antique Metal Bicycle Planter that we both thought would look great in the flower garden in front of our house. I put the planter together and Mrs. All Seasons prepared the flower pots (this is our normal division of labor).

Antique Metal Bicycle Planter

Antique Metal Bicycle Planter

This Antique Metal Bicycle Planter is 52″ long by 35″ high. This planter comes unassembled, but it only has seven or eight parts and you can put it together in under ten minutes. There are two baskets—one in front and one behind the seat. My wife also put a small planter on the seat and tied it down with a short length of cord. While this product comes with a stabilizer base, I would strongly suggest you buy four tent stakes to secure it in case of high winds.

Antique Metal Bicycle Planter

Antique Metal Bicycle Planter

We bought the Antique Metal Bicycle Planter from our local Menards store for $99 (Model Number: BHB12620; Menards SKU: 2773288; Vendor: Enchanted Garden). This product is not available online, but you can check the Menards website for availability in your area.

Tags: , , , , , ,

43 responses to “Antique Metal Bicycle Planter

1. Dra Martha Castro Médico WMA

June 20, 2013 at 10:08 PM

2. billgncs

June 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I’m in Naperville – maybe some weekend in the fall if you are going for a easy cruise I could come up and ride. Let me know if that would interest you.

June 20, 2013 at 11:00 PM

That would be wonderful! I live just south of the Wisconsin border and the back roads in Wisconsin are a pleasure to ride in the fall.

3. Jason Pearlman

June 20, 2013 at 10:32 PM

All of those pro cycling posters in your house and you couldn’t at least find a planter made out of carbon fiber and shaped like a time trial bike? Oh well, nice to have cycling anything, anyway. One of my local bike shops has crank arms for door handles.

June 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM

I guess the next time I crash a bike I could convert it into a planter — hopefully that will not be anytime soon.

4. Irish Katie

June 20, 2013 at 10:36 PM

It has a very county-ish look about it *smiles* …. though if one looks closer….ohhh, it appears as if the artist took pains. The fenders are nicely hammered is it not?

And by the way, tell your Mrs. All Seasons, she has done a lovely job with the flowers *smiles*

5. Chris

June 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Beautiful! A nice touch to the garden, indeed.

6. Joya

June 20, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Beautiful!!! I love it!!

7. timscyclingblog

June 21, 2013 at 2:43 AM

A brick built house too, I thought wood was the American material of choice? There’s less painting of bricks, so I’d prefer them. Some foolish people paint bricks, have painted rendering, wooden cladded and all sorts of nonsense. Plain zero maintenance bricks all the way for me.

Is your garage brick built?

I’m Still putting the finishing touches to a wooden shed, I’d prefer a brick built shed, but the location and cost is best suited to a cheap softwood (pine) shed. Oh well.

Nice garden idea, strawberries might grow and overhang nicely if you wanted to try them one year.

June 21, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Our house is only partially made of brick — the rest is just wood (like in most of America). We just have to have it and the attached garage painted about once every ten years. And I think this bike would look great in a strawberry patch!

8. TdF

June 21, 2013 at 3:12 AM

…are you sure it is an antique metal bicycle planter and not an old steel richard sachs frame?

June 21, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I’m sure — this thing weights a LOT less than a Richard Sachs frame!

9. cyardin

June 21, 2013 at 4:10 AM

Cool! Nice addition to the garden which will make one other blogger jealous.

10. unsportywomencanrun

June 21, 2013 at 4:46 AM

Pretty 🙂 you have a lovely garden.

June 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM

You ought to see the rest of it! My wife spends a lot of time working in the gardens and it shows!

11. Charles Huss

June 21, 2013 at 4:57 AM

Nice post. I little change from the usual is good. I am just wondering if Mrs. All Seasons married you for the name…

12. Gwen

June 21, 2013 at 6:40 AM

How perfect for you! My mom would love this.

June 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Thanks! Even though Mother’s Day has already passed, you could still get one for her!

13. meganjanicke

June 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Adore this

14. tlsylvan

June 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Love this!

15. Gina

June 21, 2013 at 12:44 PM

This is just beautiful!

16. Jeff Katzer

June 22, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Nice work… HGTV is desperately in need of a show about bicycle themed gardening.

17. anniebikes

June 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Man, that looks great.

18. Still a Runner

June 23, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Love it. I would expect to see something similar in the French countryside.

June 23, 2013 at 9:58 PM

The more I see this bike in front of my house the more I love it!

19. Amy @ Healthy and Fit for Real

June 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

This is so cute!

20. amedicstudent

June 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Love the bicycle plant holder – a great way to jazz up a garden!

21. Jill