Elevate Me! Protein And Fruit Energy Bar

11 Jun

A few weeks ago one of the readers of this blog suggested that I try the Elevate Me! protein and fruit energy bars, so I ordered a variety pack of the bars from the manufacturer, PROsnack Natural Foods, Inc. These bars were invented by a mother who was a “nutritional health food caterer for athletes and sports teams” when she wanted to “create the world’s simplest protein snack.” Well, she succeeded! Elevate Me! bars are easy on the stomach, taste great, and deserve a place in the cupboard of every cyclist.

Elevate Me! Protein And Fruit Energy Bar

Elevate Me! Protein And Fruit Energy Bar

Elevate Me! bars are about the size of a candy bar, but that is about the only thing the two bars have in common. These bars weigh 66 grams each and are made with 24% protein and whole fruits. They are also gluten-free, wheat-free, low-fat, and contain no added sweeteners, preservatives, or artificial ingredients. In addition to 16 grams of protein, each bar has about 33 grams of carbohydrates.

The variety pack I bought contained twelve bars—a mix of the following flavors: Strawberry Apple Pie, Chocolate Acai Berry Brownie, Blueberry Cranberry Gojiberry Boost!, Matcha Green Tea with Cranberries, Espresso Cocoa Crunch, Banana Nut Bread, Cocoa Coconut Cluster, and All-Fruit Original. While I liked all the bars, the Chocolate Acai Berry Brownie was my favorite. The Espresso Cocoa Crunch was OK, but I am not a coffee drinker and don’t usually like anything made with coffee beans.

I won’t take the time to give the ingredients list for each flavor of Elevate Me! bar, but will list the ingredients for the Blueberry Cranberry Gojiberry Boost bar as an example: Whey protein isolate, dates, organic raisins, almonds, apples, cranberries (cranberries, apple juice, sunflower oil), blueberries, and goji berries. These bars may contain traces of peanuts and/or soy. All bars are certified organic.

As a distance cyclist I usually consume carbohydrate products during the first two hours of a ride, and then start adding a bit of protein every hour during the rest of the ride. While I will never be willing to confine myself to just one brand of energy bar, I am really glad to have these bars with me on my longer rides. These bars taste like real food—unlike some bars that taste more like a high school chemistry experiment that went horribly wrong.

Elevate Me! protein and fruit energy bars are a product of Canada and I bought the variety pack from the PROsnack Natural Foods Website for $25, plus postage. At the moment these bars are not available on Amazon.com, but it looks like they will be before long.

Tags: , , , , , ,

10 responses to “Elevate Me! Protein And Fruit Energy Bar

1. Jeff Shone

June 11, 2012 at 8:44 AM

omnomnom yummy🙂

2. gcobb1990

June 11, 2012 at 9:30 AM

Thanks for checking out my blog! I’m very happy you did because now I’ve found your page. This is really interesting stuff! http://gcobb1990.wordpress.com/

3. ericaamber

June 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM

I’m so happy you like them!! I can’t live without them!

June 11, 2012 at 3:17 PM

On longer rides you really need protein and these bars are an excellent source (and they taste great).

4. Cherry

June 12, 2012 at 7:32 AM

A great find! I love how they’re made in Canada – aside from Taste of Nature bars, I don’t know any other ones that are made here! I’ve never seen them yet. But if I do, I will try some – their flavours sound so unique.

June 12, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Cherry — The best way to find them is online from their Website. You will probably get a better deal since the cost of shipping to you will be less than for those of us in the US.

• Cherry

June 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM

that’s what i like to hear😀

5. Anita Mac

June 17, 2012 at 4:59 PM

Sounds like a product that really works for you. Will have to forward to my friend – I think it could be perfect for her!

The Seeds 4 Life

Plant seeds of inspiration, positivity and happiness within your mind and watch as your best life grows!

The Shameful Sheep

shit storms, shame, and stories that make you cringe

Varied Style

inexpensive, unexpected fashion

Grow With Me, Child.

My Journey of Being a Stay-At-Home-Mom

Les Posen's Presentation Magic

It's time for a paradigm shift in how presentations are performed. One presenter's blog on how to present as if all your audience members had a brain.

Mommyfriend

...finding perfection in imperfection daily.

ragtime cyclist

cycling, pro cycling, and the bits inbetween

Bike Like Crazy

whatever the weather

ἐκλεκτικός

Cycling and Hiking the worlds most amazing places

Cycling and weightlifting, mostly

We host a series of long distance preparation rides each weekend from January - June in the Cleveland, Ohio area

Jasmine's Vision

Embracing the Darkness. Finding the Others.

Started with the C25k and now we're here!

Intentional Twenties

Diabetes, Cancer Survivor, Cycling, Photographer, Exercise, College Parent, High School Parents, Teenage girls, Twins, Boy Scout Leader, Life

Travelers. Adventurers. Storytellers.

Kite*Surf*Bike*Rambling

KITESURFING, CYCLING, SUP: ramblings, idiocy and not much more

A Sierra Fatty

A Dyslexic Journalism journal about downhill, fatbike, cyclocross, dual slalom, snowbike, adventure, bikepacking, xc, dh, enduro, ridebikeswithfriends, paddleboard, snowboard, ski, cross-country ski

Adventure before Avarice

Andrew Bain: travel writer, author, adventurer, photographer, blah, blah

PaleoHikerMD

REAL FOOD, REAL HEALTH, REAL ADVENTURE, REAL FAMILY

The HSD

What happens when a medical doctor becomes a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom

The Jordan Project

Teach. Cook. Explore.

FueledByLOLZ

Running & Laughing through the Garden State

Tinkadventures

A home for my adventures - mountaineering and climbing

Scott Silverii, PhD

Dad, Husband, Cop & Author

Fat Girl to Ironman

My five year journey to awesomeness...

Corrie Anne

A girl without freckles is like a night without stars.

Christov_Tenn

Always Thinking, Reading About, and Up To Something

25,000 Miles of Experiences, Adventures and Thoughts

Thoughts, views and opinions of a northwest cyclist and adventurer

Midlife Moments

Leaning in to a Magical, Mystical and Miraculous Time

Sports Bras And Sippy Cups

This Mama Lifts More Than Just Babies!

The Right Side of 50

Stories: true, real, funny and inspiring, and getting life right!

happy~TRI~girl

...from TRI's to TRAILS and everything in between

A Promise to Dad

"You don't have anything if you don't have your health"

Triathlon Obsession

Triathlon, Sport and Healthy Living

XPLORE

"Baz - The Landy" Out and About having fun

Serendipities of life

Taking the road less travelled

The Chatter Blog