Feedback Sports RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand

06 Jun

I am embarrassed to admit it, but when I bought my first bicycle I was disappointed that it did not have a kickstand (I will pause a moment so you can finish laughing). I knew that kickstands were usually only found on heavy touring bikes or bikes meant for little kids. However, I didn’t have any way to properly store a bike in my garage unless it came with a kickstand. I have since solved that problem by parking one of our cars in the driveway and buying storage racks for all of my bikes so they can sleep safely in my garage (a man has to get his priorities right). If you are looking for an inexpensive, space-saving storage solution for your bike you need to check out the RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand from Feedback Sports.

Feedback Sports RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand

Feedback Sports RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand

The Feedback Sports RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand allows you to roll your bike onto the stand using either the front or rear wheel without scratching your rims! This bike stand will hold nearly all bikes—from a 20mm road tire up to a 2.4″ MTB tire (but it will not hold the 4″ tires on my Surly Pugsley). The base footprint for this stand is very small (13.5″x16”) and weighs under six pounds.

This bike rack is great for apartment dwellers and those with limited space. It is also used in many bike shops as a display stand—the unit has a modular design that allows several racks to be connected together. I own several different brands of bike storage units and I mainly use this stand to “load up” my bike before I go out for a ride (depending of the length of the ride and weather conditions I have to add water bottles, panniers, headlights, GPS, frames bags, etc.).

RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand

A Road Bike On The RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand

Whatever you do, don’t attempt to store your bike by leaning it on the workbench in your garage! There is no question that one day it is going to fall over—it’s just a matter of when it will happen. You need a dedicated bike rack to protect your investment. The RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand is secure enough that I use it for my prized carbon fiber Trek Madone.

The Feedback Sports RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand is available in three colors (Black, Silver, or White) and retails for around $42. If your local bike shop does not carry this bike stand you can buy it online from Amazon.com or Hucknroll.com (these folks offer the best customer service I’ve ever had from an online shop). This product comes with a one-year warranty from the manufacturer.

Tags: , , ,

14 responses to “Feedback Sports RAKK Bicycle Storage And Display Stand

1. billgncs

June 6, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I use the “XPORT Bikes Aloft 2 Storage Rack” from Performance for my two road bikes. I had a kickstand added to my road bike, and when I started riding with the bike club someone told me “lose the kickstand”. Still miss it.

I appreciate your blog….

June 6, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Sometimes I still wish I had a kickstand as well, but they just don’t look right a an adult bike!

2. The Tri Road (HeatherH)

June 6, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Haha. I got a strange look at the bike shop when I bought my bike and explained that I was going to get into triathlons… then asked for a kickstand to be put on. What else are you going to do with it pre-race? This stand looks more professional but it’s not as portable. 🙂

June 6, 2012 at 10:53 AM

This stand might not be classified as “portable”, but I suppose you could do it — it only weighs six pounds — you could start a new trend at your next triathlon!

3. Dmitry Bokov

June 6, 2012 at 8:24 AM

Very like Feedback Sports equipment. Thanks for your review, I always reading

4. lisamullis

June 6, 2012 at 9:20 AM

We have hooks on the wall for ours but there always seem to be 3 or 4 bikes on the floor anyway. I should look in to these.

June 6, 2012 at 10:54 AM

They are easy to put away when not in use — they fold up easily and you can stick it under a workbench or something.

5. loren24250

June 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Another option that you didn’t mention is hanging the bike from the ceiling. At our previous home, for each bike I bought two large metal “hooks” that were coated with plastic, and screwed them into the timbers of our garage ceiling. Then I hung each bike upside down, hanging by the wheels. In our garage now, I have a similar sort of set-up, except that the bikes are supported by their frames, and are turned right-side-up. Aside from protecting the bikes, this system frees up space underneath.

June 6, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I also have a pulley-mount system for one of my son’s bikes — I plan on reviewing it in a few months. The more bikes you own the more storage options you need!

6. katiemoves

June 6, 2012 at 11:16 AM

I kinda hate that road bikes dont have kickstand… But I don’t want to be uncool! 😉

7. Jeff Nitta

June 6, 2012 at 5:05 PM

Thanks for the great exposure and for using our products! We like kickstands too but I think we like our RAKK a little bit more!

For reference I use our Velo Wall racks to store my bikes at home and use the RAKK when I’m getting ready for a ride to pump tires and lube chains!

June 6, 2012 at 10:04 PM

I too use the RAKK before every ride and I am getting ready to roll.