Honey Stinger Organic Chocolate Waffle

04 Jun

Chocolate lovers of the world have great reason to rejoice! Honey Stinger has just introduced their new Chocolate Organic Stinger Waffle and you need to try one immediately! While I take a variety of energy bars with me on long rides, my absolute favorite source of carbohydrates has to be Honey Stinger Waffles. Several months ago Honey Stinger announced that they were about to introduce the chocolate waffle and when they went on sale just before Mother’s Day I ordered three boxes.

Honey Stinger Chocolate Waffle, Certified Kosher and Organic

Honey Stinger Organic Chocolate Waffle

If you have ever been to Amsterdam you might have had a stroopwafel at the airport or a coffee shop, and the Honey Stinger Waffles will bring back fond memories of that delightful treat. In addition to the new chocolate waffles, Honey Stinger also has three other flavors available: Honey, Strawberry, and Vanilla.

Honey Stinger Chocolate Waffles are certified organic, absolutely delicious, and easy on your stomach. Each one-ounce waffle has 160 calories and provides 16 grams of carbohydrates with one gram of protein. The ingredients list is as follows: Organic wheat flour, organic palm fruit oil, organic rice syrup, organic cane sugar, organic whole wheat flour, organic cocoa, organic soy flour, organic honey, natural flavor, sea salt, organic soy lecithin, and baking soda. All Honey Stinger protein and energy bars are Kosher certified. Three of these waffles will take about the same amount of room in your bike jersey as one Cliff Bar.

As the outside temperature drops Honey Stinger Waffles become very brittle (but they still taste great). The best way to keep these waffles soft in the winter is to put them in a jersey pocket under your cycling jacket. When the temperature drops to below 20 degrees (which is most of the time in the winter) I put these waffles in my jacket pocket along with a chemical hand warmer. When you are riding on a snowy day and pull a warm Honey Stinger Waffle out of your jacket pocket you are in for a real treat!

Honey Stinger Waffles are retail for about $22 for a box of 16 individually wrapped waffles.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

18 responses to “Honey Stinger Organic Chocolate Waffle

1. brendaintheboro

June 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Thank you for the idea of using a hand warmer to keep these things warm. While we can’t get these exact waffles here , we can get caramel waffles here in the UK. On a cold day they need snapping as they go so hard. It wouldn’t have been a bad idea as it is so cold here for June. This may well be the year without a summer.

June 4, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I’ve used chemical hand warmers to keep my food warm in my pockets for several years — it saves me from breaking my teeth on frozen energy bars!

• woolerwheel

June 11, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Perhaps we should lobby for some Honey Stinger Waffles here in the UK – they sound more -ish! It’s not good is it, having to use a hand warmer in June…

June 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM

It is really sad that you can’t get Honey Stinger Waffles in the UK! I hate to make you feel bad, but the waffles are AWESOME!

• woolerwheel

June 12, 2012 at 3:11 AM

Come on all those in the UK – have we anything to equal – or better – the Honey Stinger Waffles? Are we just taking their word that they are as awesome as they make out?

2. rchackman

June 4, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Looking forward to giving it a try.

June 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM

You will love them! My wife thinks that sometimes the only reason I ride my bike is so I can eat these waffles (too many calories to use as a snack).

3. hectorgmontano

June 4, 2012 at 11:21 AM

How do you like these in terms of nutrition for those long bike rides 2+ hours?

June 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM

On longer rides (two to seven hours) I eat one of these waffles plus another 100 calorie product every hour. At my size and speed I burn 1,000 to 1,100 calories an hour and I try to consume 250 to 300 calories an hour. I need to make it clear that this is not the only food product I use while riding — I like variety (especially on rides of over 50 miles or more).

4. Cherry

June 4, 2012 at 8:24 PM

these looks heavenly. i love chocolate! I guess they look bigger than reality. I was wondering how they were going to fit anywhere until you mention they are clif bar size. by brittle, do you mean to the extent of breaking into crumbs? might be messy on-the-go?

June 4, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Cherry — the waffles only get brittle when the temperature drops below freezing (nearly all of my cycling food does the same thing). However, Honey Stinger Waffles taste best when warm — you can actually see the honey inside the waffles — AWESOME!

5. christov10

June 5, 2012 at 6:34 AM

My mom brought me a package of stroopwafels (sp?) from her trip to Holland a couple of months ago. They’re awesome with hot coffee to warm them.

June 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM

I had my first stroopwafel at the airport in Amsterdam many years ago — it only took me one to get hooked! I was so glad when Honey Stinger came out with their version.

6. mycentury

June 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM

I’m a big fan of the waffles. It’s always a welcomed treat on long rides. I’m also a huge fan of the Honey Stinger Chews….melt in your mouth goodness!

June 5, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Have you tried their protein bars? I’ve used them for about two years and love them!

• mycentury

June 5, 2012 at 4:27 PM

No I haven’t tried them yet. I typically use the good old stand by Cliff Bar’s or the not so high tech Nature Valley Bars. They are all good “go to” foods for those long hours in the saddle on self contained rides, but frankly nothing beats real food especially if there is the time option to hit a cafe/restaurant on a long touring ride, or a SAG tent on an event ride.

7. tampatlanta

June 6, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Thanks for checking out my tampatlanta.com blog about our favorite bike shop here in Tampa. Wish I knew more about cycling…this seems to be the place to learn! I saw the Honey Stinger Waffles at the shop and wondered how good they are…now I know!

June 6, 2012 at 3:44 PM

I always enjoy reading about bike shops in other cities! I know you will enjoy the Honey Stinger Waffles as well.