Kreativ Blogger Award (I Feel So Special)

13 Apr

Jim over at Fit Recovery has passed on to me the highly coveted Kreativ Blogger Award and now my life is complete. I feel about as special as Ralphie Parker in A Christmas Story when he got his secret decoder ring from the Little Orphan Annie radio program. Thank you Jim!

Kreativ Blogger Award

Kreativ Blogger Award

According to the longstanding traditions of the Ancient Order of Free and Accepted Bloggers, once a person has been presented with the Kreativ Blogger Award they must:

1. Thank the person who has given them the award.
  2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
  3. Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
  4. Name seven things about yourself that people might find interesting.
  5. Nominate seven other Kreativ Bloggers.
  6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
  7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.

With all seriousness cast aside, here are the seven things about me that you might find interesting:

1. I am unbelievably handsome (which is why photographs of me on this blog are always shot with my helmet and sunglasses on). When the story of my life is finally turned into a movie, I imagine George Clooney will portray me (or was that George Burns?).
  2. I was born and raised in central Indiana and stayed there until I escaped at age 19 (I didn’t know we were free to leave).
  3. When I graduated from high school I was of normal weight. However, by the time I had been married for just two years I was morbidly obese—and stayed that way until I took up cycling ten years ago.
  4. I own several other Websites, including one that discusses the history and geography of the Levant (the eastern Mediterranean region between Turkey and Egypt). I’ve had the opportunity to visit that area of the world on many occasions.
  5. More people know me for the photographs I’ve taken of the Middle East than for anything I’ve ever written.
  6. I have authored several dozen books and booklets—many of which are used in high school and college classes. These books have been translated into at least five foreign languages.
  7. I have been married to the same lovely woman for 33 years and we have three sons.

Here are seven Kreativ Bloggers that I enjoy reading after and now formally nominate them for this prestigious award:

1. Fit and Forty Something. Bill and Kali are an “active couple who love to live well” while taking care of themselves “through exercise, good food and fun.”
  2. Bill’s Magical Mystery Tour. Vito lives in Minnesota and some years ago he “discovered the meaning of life,” but forgot to write it down. While his memory might be slipping, he is a good photographer who loves to ride his bike (as you will see from his site).
  3. The Adventures of Joboo And His Trusty Pugsley. Joboo lives in northern Minnesota and loves his Surly Pugsley (who wouldn’t?).
  4. Two Wheelin’ Tempe. Lauren is “currently a senior studying Journalism at Arizona State University.” I live north of Chicago, but really enjoy reading about cycling in Tempe, Arizona.
  5. anniebikes. Annie is a seasoned commuter and lives near the shores of Lake Champlain.
  6. All About The Triple. A blog about someone new to cycling, who needs his triple and likes new toys.
  7. Bicycle Comic Jokes. A blog that tells the story of “Willy Go,” a cartoon character I am sure you will enjoy.

My task in now complete. However, I am still waiting for someone to show me the secret handshake—or at least give me a lapel pin.

Posted by on April 13, 2012 in Life On Two Wheels

Tags: , ,

21 responses to “Kreativ Blogger Award (I Feel So Special)

1. RichardB1001

April 13, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Congratulations – ride safely!

2. billgncs

April 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM

congrats on a fine blog. Interesting factoids.

April 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Thanks! My life would be considered boring to most folks, but I enjoy living it.

• billgncs

April 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

live and laugh and love, that’s all we can do.

3. bgddyjim

April 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I LOVE A Christmas Story – I have to wake up early every winter to watch that movie while the wife is still sleeping – she can’t stand it. Just be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

April 13, 2012 at 11:21 AM

I am getting to the point I can almost recite the entire movie from memory. Christmas just isn’t complete without watching that movie!

4. Kalli and Bill

April 13, 2012 at 9:29 AM

thank you! we feel so honored 🙂 and we love your blog and all of your tips and revieves!

April 13, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Kalli and Bill — I enjoy your blog as well, but it usually makes me hungry after seeing the photos of your dinner!

5. aleksledocteur

April 13, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Bravo!

April 13, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Thank you very much (I’m not sure how so say that in French).

• aleksledocteur

April 13, 2012 at 11:51 AM

Merci beaucoup 🙂

6. Robin

April 13, 2012 at 10:50 AM

lol! I think this is one of the best Blog Award acceptance posts I’ve seen. Well done, and congrats on your award. 🙂

April 13, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Robin, thank you! I had to accept the award with all of the seriousness it demands.

7. Zen and Genki

April 13, 2012 at 2:22 PM

Congrats! What a nice way to begin the weekend!

8. Steve

April 13, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Congratulations on such a prestigious award; you are certainly well deserving! Thank you for the very entertaining blog and the very interesting facts about yourself. Being so handsome must be a terrible burden.

April 13, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Steve, it is a heavy burden to bear! I probably should have mentioned that I have very poor eyesight and we don’t have any mirrors in our house (not that it really matters).

9. anniebikes

April 14, 2012 at 6:37 AM

Congratulations to you. thanks for the nomination.

10. anniebikes

April 14, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Congratulations and thanks for the nomination. I didn’t know there were awards for bloggers. I’m flattered.

I haven’t been able to comment on your blog for sometime through my Google account. If you look in your spam area and allow anniebikes then maybe this mess will clear up. I forget the correct terminology but maybe it will be apparent.

April 14, 2012 at 8:20 PM

annie — I looked through the spam logs and couldn’t find you there, so maybe the problem is with Google — the comment you left today was posted without me having to approve it.