Jim over at Fit Recovery has passed on to me the highly coveted Kreativ Blogger Award and now my life is complete. I feel about as special as Ralphie Parker in A Christmas Story when he got his secret decoder ring from the Little Orphan Annie radio program. Thank you Jim!
According to the longstanding traditions of the Ancient Order of Free and Accepted Bloggers, once a person has been presented with the Kreativ Blogger Award they must:
- Thank the person who has given them the award.
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
- Link the person who has nominated you for the award.
- Name seven things about yourself that people might find interesting.
- Nominate seven other Kreativ Bloggers.
- Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated.
With all seriousness cast aside, here are the seven things about me that you might find interesting:
- I am unbelievably handsome (which is why photographs of me on this blog are always shot with my helmet and sunglasses on). When the story of my life is finally turned into a movie, I imagine George Clooney will portray me (or was that George Burns?).
- I was born and raised in central Indiana and stayed there until I escaped at age 19 (I didn’t know we were free to leave).
- When I graduated from high school I was of normal weight. However, by the time I had been married for just two years I was morbidly obese—and stayed that way until I took up cycling ten years ago.
- I own several other Websites, including one that discusses the history and geography of the Levant (the eastern Mediterranean region between Turkey and Egypt). I’ve had the opportunity to visit that area of the world on many occasions.
- More people know me for the photographs I’ve taken of the Middle East than for anything I’ve ever written.
- I have authored several dozen books and booklets—many of which are used in high school and college classes. These books have been translated into at least five foreign languages.
- I have been married to the same lovely woman for 33 years and we have three sons.
Here are seven Kreativ Bloggers that I enjoy reading after and now formally nominate them for this prestigious award:
- Fit and Forty Something. Bill and Kali are an “active couple who love to live well” while taking care of themselves “through exercise, good food and fun.”
- Bill’s Magical Mystery Tour. Vito lives in Minnesota and some years ago he “discovered the meaning of life,” but forgot to write it down. While his memory might be slipping, he is a good photographer who loves to ride his bike (as you will see from his site).
- The Adventures of Joboo And His Trusty Pugsley. Joboo lives in northern Minnesota and loves his Surly Pugsley (who wouldn’t?).
- Two Wheelin’ Tempe. Lauren is “currently a senior studying Journalism at Arizona State University.” I live north of Chicago, but really enjoy reading about cycling in Tempe, Arizona.
- anniebikes. Annie is a seasoned commuter and lives near the shores of Lake Champlain.
- All About The Triple. A blog about someone new to cycling, who needs his triple and likes new toys.
- Bicycle Comic Jokes. A blog that tells the story of “Willy Go,” a cartoon character I am sure you will enjoy.
My task in now complete. However, I am still waiting for someone to show me the secret handshake—or at least give me a lapel pin.