Cat’s Tongue Heavy Duty Cleaning Towels

07 Mar

If you have read any of my articles about washing and waxing your bicycle you already know two things about me: first, I am almost obsessive about starting each ride with a clean bike, and second, that I am always on the lookout for new cleaning products that will make the job easier. A few weeks ago I was sent a package of Cat’s Tongue Heavy Duty Cleaning Towels and they really make the job of cleaning up a bike a lot easier!

Cat's Tongue Heavy Duty Cleaning Towels

Cat’s Tongue Heavy Duty Cleaning Towels

Cat’s Tongue Towels are pre-moistened cleaning towels that are smooth on one side and have a heavy-duty texture on the other side. Even though the textured side feels gritty, it is a non-scratch cloth that does an amazing job of scrubbing away dirt, grease, and road grime. I live north of Chicago and at this time of the year our streets are covered with road salt—and when you get back from a bike ride the tire rims are thoroughly coated with a thick layer of salt dust that is very hard to get off. The textured side of the Cat’s Tongue Towels took this layer of salt off with just one quick wipe!

Cat’s Tongue Towels measure 8” x 12.25” and one towel usually cleans my entire bike (even if it is covered with road salt). These towels are coated with a citrus scented degreaser that will remove sealants, adhesives, and oil-based stains. These wipes work without the need for water or rinsing, and are aloe fortified to make them easy on your hands.

Cat’s Tongue Heavy Duty Cleaning Towels are available in either a 30-count canister or individual pouches. The Cat’s Tongue online store has a package deal that has one canister and ten individual pouches for under $20. They also have several bundle packages available (the more you buy the better deal you get). I would suggest you buy a canister for your garage (or bike storage area) and carry an individual package in your saddle bag to clean up after you fix your next flat tire.

Two more important notes: 25% of the profits from the sale of Cat’s Tongue products are donated to the Pan Massachusetts Challenge, an annual bike-a-thon that raises money for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, Massachusetts. In addition, this product is made in the U.S.A. (something I really appreciate).

Tags: , ,

17 responses to “Cat’s Tongue Heavy Duty Cleaning Towels

1. Lisa Shaw

March 7, 2013 at 7:17 AM

That sounds like a really great product. I love a clean bike, but hate the having-to-clean-it part. Maybe these would help. ;-)

March 7, 2013 at 11:26 AM

These are great for a quick clean-up — they make it look like you took hours to clean your bike, but it really only takes a minute or so.

• Lisa Shaw

March 7, 2013 at 11:35 AM

That’s the kind of results I’m willing to pay money for. ;-)

2. emmarossruns

March 7, 2013 at 8:10 AM

I would buy these for the name alone! The fact that they work makes them even better

March 7, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Once you feel the towel you will understand how it got it’s name!

3. Mountainstroh (Tony)

March 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Reblogged this on 10000 Miles of Advice and commented:
    I HATE cleaning my bike, I love this idea!

4. snosler

March 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I wonder if these would work on my 13 year old’s desk??

March 7, 2013 at 11:28 AM

If you have a 13-year old at home then I am sure you could find a LOT of uses for these towels (we raised three boys and they loved playing in the mud and dirt).

5. st sahm

March 7, 2013 at 10:18 AM

You promo the coolest products.

6. billgncs

March 7, 2013 at 11:16 AM

what do you do about your chain? I have been riding this winter and looked down to see my chain covered in rust.

March 7, 2013 at 11:31 AM

These towels will degrease you chain a bit at least remove the crud on top of the chain. To keep your chain nice and shiny all winter long I’d use Boeshield T-9 Waterproof Lubricant (I reviewed it at — http://wp.me/p1sFbY-ct).

7. MichelleK

March 7, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Nice. I need to be better about cleaning my bike :/

8. Tom LeBlanc

March 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Hi everyone… These comments put a smile on my face for sure! Just to answer some of the questions I’ve posted an infomercial Deanna did with Bob Circosta http://youtu.be/zkFkXnhgmUU These towels have a million uses… we like to say Cat’s Tongue is a towel…. everything else is just a wipe!

For the chain grease, I feel that’s its strength…it wipes off and doesn’t smear. Check my twitter account for a vines video of cleaning the inside of the chain. Even the dried on grease after a season of indoor spinning is no problem.
    For a laugh… How we got started: http://bit.ly/NaTu0M
    Lots of other great videos on our site too, from Jeremy Powers, etc…: http://youtu.be/vr7_Z6kdjZw

Help spread the word and get a $15 gift certificate. Email referrals to me at tom@catsTongueTowels.com

Thanks for writing/reviewing David and thanks for the comments… all feedback is very helpful.
    Tom and Deanna
    Cat’s Tongue towels

9. Irish Katie

March 7, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Ack … I now feel like a bum … I don’t clean my bike …ack!

10. Sheslosingit.net

March 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I wonder what Grumpy Cat thinks about this?

March 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM

She is probably glad that she doesn’t have to clean the bike chain herself!