Bontrager SSR Short Sleeve Jersey

09 Nov

I can read the calendar and I realize that mid-November is not the time most cyclists are looking to buy another short sleeve jersey. However, you know that you are going to by a jersey or two next year, so why not shop for them now when most bikes shops have them on sale? Bontrager cycling clothing, found at your local Trek dealer, is moderately priced and decent quality (but not on the same level as Pearl Izumi). The Bontrager SSR Short Sleeve Jersey is a comfortable cycling jersey that should be more than adequate for most cyclists.

Bontrager SSR Short Sleeve Jersey

Bontrager SSR Short Sleeve Jersey

The Bontrager SSR Short Sleeve Jersey is a semi-fitted jersey made with %100 polyester, a moisture-wicking, fast-drying fabric. This jersey has a 1/4 length zipper and the elastic band around the hem is covered so the hem stays in place.

Bontrager SSR Short Sleeve Jersey

Three Back Pockets With Reflective Piping And Logo

On the back of this jersey you will find three standard storage pockets. One very nice touch on this jersey is the reflective piping—there is a vertical stripe on each end of the pockets, along with a reflective logo on both front and back. I wish every jersey came with at least this much reflective piping!

This jersey is available in three colors (Black, White, Red). Why would anyone buy a black cycling jersey? I would never wear a black jersey on the road—I bought this jersey for off-road trail use only. Do you know why? I live in an area where one of the local bike clubs likes to ride on the same off-road trails I use. In my experience most of the guys in this particular club are simply obnoxious (just like their loud jerseys)—they are rude to walkers, joggers and other cyclists on the trail. I wanted a black jersey so no one who confuse me with one of these jerks. The good news is that during the winter these guys are all riding their bikes on a trainer down in their basement so those of us with Fat Bikes can have a good time playing in the snow.

The Bontrager SSR Short Sleeve Jersey retails for $35, but it is no longer listed on the Bontrager Website. However, you have a very good chance of finding it at your local Trek dealer. Any local bike shop will probably have this jersey on closeout with at least 20% off. It is also still listed at numerous online retailers (sometimes for as low as $20). This jersey is made in China.

Tags: , , , , ,

12 responses to “Bontrager SSR Short Sleeve Jersey

1. tinatimebomb

November 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Bonus pocket!

November 9, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Great for storing all the extra carb gels and bars on long rides!

• tinatimebomb

November 9, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Ive never tried a carb gel, interesting, bars yes

• blinkpack

November 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Or various snacks :)

November 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM

The gels are normally faster acting that the bars, i.e., the carbs get into your system a lot faster.

2. Casie

November 9, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I need to get some bike gear :)

3. MikeW

November 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Might find some overstock bargain basement stuff still on sale in some mid-box stores. Thanks for covering the basis wheelman.

• MikeW

November 12, 2012 at 12:56 PM

uh, bases.

November 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I love snooping around bike shops at for end of season sales — sometimes you just have to ask when they are going to markdown the seasonal products and they will do it on the spot. A few years ago a got a $300 pair of winter cycling boots for $30 (I bought it in July).

4. edited photography and artwork

November 13, 2012 at 3:21 AM

Bontrager is reasonable stuff, I have a downhill jersey by them and it’s lasting very well!

November 13, 2012 at 10:37 AM

You are right — they make a decent product and sell it at a reasonable price (that’s kind of rare anymore).